We're always interested in meeting caregivers and case managers that share our commitment to providing excellent geriatric care. If you would like to join the Innovative Healthcare Consultants team, please review our job descriptions below and contact us to schedule an interview.
Work With Us
Caregiver Job Description
Guidelines of Duties
Innovative clients will have an individualized client care plan. The following is a list of service guidelines that caregivers may be expected to perform as indicated in the client care plan. Caregiver guidelines are by no means all inclusive.
- Personal Care to include showering, hair care, oral care, skin care and dressing
- Bowel and Bladder Care to include assisting client with bathroom needs, application and changing of disposable underwear and assistance with emptying catheter or ostomy bags
- Feeding Assistance to include feeding or assistance with feeding..
- Medication Reminders and recording the times when medications are given..
- Meal Preparation to include menu planning and food storage.
- Shopping and errands
- Laundry service of the client’s personal clothes, bed linens, and towels.
- Answering and using the telephone for the client.
- Light Housekeeping. This should not exceed 20% of the weekly working time spent by the caregiver and would include: tidying up of rooms in which the client spends his/her time (bedroom, living room, kitchen), washing dishes after meals (wiping spills on kitchen sink or floor, “spot cleaning”), sweeping kitchen floor when needed, vacuuming in rooms used by client, tidying bathrooms after use by the client (rinsing tub or shower after use, wiping spills on bathroom sink or floor).
The caregiver must never spend more than twenty (20) percent of their time performing tasks that are not related to the direct care of the client.
- Adheres to the written care plan to:
- Assist the client with activities of daily living, as required.
- Assist the client with ambulation, transfer and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assist the client with instrumental activities of daily living such as shopping, grooming, preparing meals and maintaining a safe physical environment.
- Perform delegated tasks as instructed by the Care Manager or direct supervisor.
- Perform acceptable standard healthcare practices, in accordance with universal precautions.
- Observes and reports client’s condition and safety hazards to Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Possesses organization skills necessary to carry out a shift and complete assigned tasks.
- Provides requested documents to keep employee information current.
- Protects client health information according to Innovative Healthcare policies and procedures and federal and state law and regulations.
- Maintains professional appearances, attitude and demeanor while on duty.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks which would normally be required of a companion caregiver.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have one year of verifiable work experience as a caregiver for adults.
- Be registered as a home care aide by state of California.
- Ability to effectively communicate (read, write, speak) in English with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Ability to travel to assignments.
- Must show proof of a valid drivers license or ID, a copy of their driving record from the state that they are licensed within the last three months and proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Able to carry bundles up or down stairs and lift with or without assistance of at least 25 pounds.
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel, and reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of authorization to work legally in the U.S.
Case/Care Manager Job Description
A registered nurse or clinical social worker who assumes responsibility for assessments, care coordination, advocacy, and related case management activities for an assigned group of clients. Inherent in the position is the assessment of patient needs in conjunction with the client and/or family, physician, and ancillary health care providers. The goal of the activities is to ensure quality, appropriateness, and cost-effective services for the assigned clients.
The employee is responsible for commitment and understanding of the Mission and values of the organization.
Interviews clients and their families in the appropriate care setting, such as hospital, home or other facility. Obtains and documents assessment information utilizing approved procedures and forms.
Gathers appropriate information related to the client from a variety of sources, which include but are not limited to insurance companies, financial planners, attorneys, or sources significant to the client.
Identifies high risk factors, barriers to goals, and strengths that will assist the client in achieving goals.
Reports and/or assessments are clear, accurate, and based on comprehensive data collection.
Develops a comprehensive case management plan that addresses all pertinent areas of the assessment. Goals are measurable, time specific, and attainable. Goals are set by client in conjunction with identified decision makers for the client
As appropriate, develops an accurate, written, cost/benefit analysis, which identifies a variety of ways to meet the clients needs.
Identifies both private and community resources and incorporates them into the plan. Providing the client with appropriate supplementary information.
Arranges, directs, and monitors resources as they provide service to the client.
Obtains necessary authorizations and approvals to assure appropriate services and reimbursement.
Acts as a client advocate when disagreements arise with caregivers, family or agencies providing care.
Provides frequent, timely reviews of the plan with the client and re-evaluates and modifies the plan based on client outcome.
Assures quality of services by gathering information from direct observation, telephone or in writing all resources involved in the client plan of care.
Is available or makes arrangements for coverage of clients at all times.
Participates in quality management studies as appropriate.
Documents progress and pertinent information in the client record with each billable service and as necessary to provide complete information to other case managers who may be involved in the clients care.
Attends case management rounds as scheduled.
Acts as a positive role model for the company when dealing with clients and the public.
Accepts clients as assigned. Communicates to supervisor any conflicts or difficulties with client assignment.
Acts as a covering case manager as assigned.
Answers all pages, telephone calls or communications promptly and courteously.
Any changes in the plan of care are appropriately communicated.
Vll. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign duties as needed.
The performance of this function is the reason that the job exists
There are limited employees among whom the performance of this function can be distributed
This function occupies a great deal of the employee's time
This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this function
Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
- Preferred Qualification: Case Management Certification
- Minimum Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in nursing or social work, LCSW or MSW, preferred over BSW. Current California license
- Minimum Experience: At least two years of case management experience or equivalent. Preferably with the senior population.
- Working knowledge of the provision of health care in a variety of settings. Knowledge of community resources, insurance and care delivery systems.
Employee Benefits Information
The benefits of working for Innovative Healthcare Consultants are:
- Working for an established, reputable and highly experienced company
- Being part of a team led by a professional RN Care Manager
- Being an employee rather than a independent contractor with payroll taxes and workers compensation paid by the company
- Receiving sick pay
- Flexibility in your schedule and location. There are positions for full time, part time, day, night and 24 hour shifts
- Health and dental benefits offered.
- Referral bonus
Do you have additional questions? Call 760-731-1334 or 877-731-1442 to speak to our Human Resources or Caregiver Coordinator. We look forward to receiving your completed application soon!