Employee Benefits Information
Thank you for applying to Innovative Healthcare Consultants. Let us take a minute to tell you about us!
Established in Fallbrook, CA in 1997, Innovative Healthcare Consultants is a professional care management agency with a goal of helping people remain independent in their home or where they call home. As an in-home provider you will be an integral part of the Care Management Team. In-home providers help with client supervision, meal preparation, companionship, transportation, light housework, medication reminders, transferring/ambulation, personal care and respite for family caregivers. Currently we are providing care for clients throughout San Diego and southern Riverside Counties.
We encourage you to join our Care Team. The benefits of working for Innovative Healthcare Consultants are:
- Working with an established, well respected agency
- Becoming part of a Care Team led by a professional geriatric RN Care Manager
- Innovative Healthcare pays all payroll taxes including Social Security as well as workers’ compensation
- We pay time and a half for shifts worked on the following holidays: (New Year’s Eve and Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- We work around your schedule. You can choose your work hours and number of hours to work. There are positions for full time, part time, day and night shifts and 24 hour live-in shifts.
- We offer health, dental, and AFLAC insurance after six months and you need to work more than 25 hours per week.
- Geographic diversity. We try to place you close to home to eliminate long commutes.
- We service adult clients of all ages.
- Starting pay at $9.75 per hour with your first increase within three months contingent upon a positive performance evaluation.
- Roth and traditional 401k pension plan available after one year and 1000 hours
- Regular employee performance reviews
- Referral bonus.
Once you return your completed application, your application will be reviewed. If approved, you will be called for an interview. If you accept employment with us, our Care Management Department will begin looking for appropriate work assignments that will meet your requested schedule. A staff member will offer you the position and you will have the opportunity to accept or decline the offer. When you accept a position, paperwork regarding the job, a map to the client’s home and a work schedule and a care plan will be sent to you as part of the Care Management Team.
Do you have additional questions? Call 760-731-1334 or 877-731-1442 to speak to our Human Resources or Caregiver Coordinator. We look forward to receiving your completed application soon!
Caregiver Job Description
To provide personal care and incidental activities of daily living to clients in a home setting, assisted living or a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Adheres to the written Care Plan to:
- Assist the client with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and nutritional needs.
- Assist client with ambulation, transfer and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assist client with instrumental activities of daily living such as shopping, homemaking , preparing meals and maintaining a clean, safe physical environment.
- Perform delegated tasks as instructed by the Care Manager or direct supervisor.
- Perform acceptable standard healthcare practices.
- Observes and reports clients condition and safety hazards to supervisor and Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Possesses organization skills necessary to carry out visit/shift and to complete assigned tasks.
- Provides requested documents to keep employee information current.
- Protects client health information according to Innovative Healthcare policies and procedures and federal and state law and regulations.
- Maintains professional appearances, attitude and demeanor while on duty.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks which would normally be required of a companion caregiver.
- 18 years of age or older
- Six months of work experience in any one of the following:
- Six months of experience as a personal aide or equivalent life experience
- Certification of CNA, HHA or NA completion
- Provide health records to supervisor, i.e. TB within the last year (If test was positive, provide chest X-ray indicating negative results).
- Pass the Corporation’s evaluation of a background check.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Flexibility to travel to assignments.
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance, valid drivers license and a copy of a current driving record from the DMV
- Able to carry bundles up or down stairs and lift with or without assistance of at least 10 lbs.
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel, and reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in this country
Case/Care Manager Job Description
A registered nurse or clinical social worker who assumes responsibility for assessments, care coordination, advocacy, and related case management activities for an assigned group of clients. Inherent in the position is the assessment of patient needs in conjunction with the client and/or family, physician, and ancillary health care providers. The goal of the activities is to ensure quality, appropriateness, and cost-effective services for the assigned clients.
The employee is responsible for commitment and understanding of the Mission and values of the organization.
- Interviews clients and their families in the appropriate care setting, such as hospital, home or other facility. Obtains and documents assessment information utilizing approved procedures and forms.
- Gathers appropriate information related to the client from a variety of sources, which include but are not limited to insurance companies, financial planners, attorneys, or sources significant to the client.
- Identifies high risk factors, barriers to goals, and strengths that will assist the client in achieving goals.
- Reports and/or assessments are clear, accurate, and based on comprehensive data collection.
- Develops a comprehensive case management plan that addresses all pertinent areas of the assessment. Goals are measurable, time specific, and attainable. Goals are set by client in conjunction with identified decision makers for the client
- As appropriate, develops an accurate, written, cost/benefit analysis, which identifies a variety of ways to meet the clients needs.
- Identifies both private and community resources and incorporates them into the plan. Providing the client with appropriate supplementary information.
- Arranges, directs, and monitors resources as they provide service to the client.
- Obtains necessary authorizations and approvals to assure appropriate services and reimbursement.
- Acts as a client advocate when disagreements arise with caregivers, family or agencies providing care.
- Provides frequent, timely reviews of the plan with the client and re-evaluates and modifies the plan based on client outcome.
- Assures quality of services by gathering information from direct observation, telephone or in writing all resources involved in the client plan of care.
- Is available or makes arrangements for coverage of clients at all times.
- Participates in quality management studies as appropriate.
- Documents progress and pertinent information in the client record with each billable service and as necessary to provide complete information to other case managers who may be involved in the clients care.
- Attends case management rounds as scheduled.
- Acts as a positive role model for the company when dealing with clients and the public.
- Accepts clients as assigned. Communicates to supervisor any conflicts or difficulties with client assignment.
- Acts as a covering case manager as assigned.
- Answers all pages, telephone calls or communications promptly and courteously.
- Any changes in the plan of care are appropriately communicated.
Vll. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Management reserves the right to reassign duties as needed.
- The performance of this function is the reason that the job exists
- There are limited employees among whom the performance of this function can be distributed
- This function occupies a great deal of the employee's time
- This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this function
- Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
- Preferred Qualification: Case Management Certification
- Minimum Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in nursing or social work, LCSW or MSW, preferred over BSW. Current California license
- Minimum Experience: At least two years of case management experience or equivalent. Preferably with the senior population. Working knowledge of the provision of health care in a variety of settings. Knowledge of community resources, insurance and care delivery systems.